Today we’re tackling an important question; How long do the effects of CBD last in your system? And can this impact me when I’m going for a job interview? Like most questions regarding CBD and hemp-derived cannabinoids, the answer is more nuanced than you may think.
First, it’s important to understand whether or not you should be concerned at all when it comes to acing a job interview if you’re a frequent user of CBD products. Then, we’ll go over a few suggestions about the safe enjoyment of CBD and some tips to help flush it out of your system. The best advice if you’re worried about How long the effects of CBD last in your system is to simply not use CBD if you know you have an interview coming up.
However, CBD generally shouldn’t pose a problem. It’s non-psychoactive and when derived from hemp it’s federally legal. Still, there can be complications depending on your job, your region, and what kind of CBD you use.
Drug Testing, THC, and CBD’s Legality
Drug Testing is not very common for jobs in the USA – roughly around 2% require pre-employment drug screenings. Most jobs (according to the linked study) that require drug testing are government or healthcare-related. If you’re looking for work in those fields, you may be concerned. However, you should bear in mind the following:
- CBD products are federally legal when derived from hemp. If you’re in a city or state with strict cannabinoid laws, however, you should avoid using CBD. Most places across the US are accepting of CBD, but your desired workplace may not be. Always check with your employer about their policy regarding CBD.
- If you’re using a Full Spectrum CBD product, there may be trace amounts of THC present. Either switch out for a CBD Isolate product or stop taking CBD entirely.
- If you’re using CBD products, ensure the product you are using has a lab report indicating no THC is present. Products should include a QR code linking to a current lab report (or a website with freely-available COAs).
- Talk to your employer first. Chances are, if you let them know that you’re using CBD, they may be more understanding if a test shows THC or CBD in your system.
Drug Testing for CBD isn’t nearly as common as testing for THC and other drugs, but it’s worth following the above steps to better protect yourself. If you absolutely need to remove CBD from your system, read on for a few tips below.
When You Have to Flush CBD out of your system, DRINK WATER
- The easiest way to get CBD out of your system, outside of letting your body run it’s course, is to flush it with water. There are many methods for this, including drinking a lot of water, increasing fiber intake, and even trying to exercise more than normal. While this will not get rid of all the CBD in one go, it will help speed up the process and push out some of the toxins already in your body. Plus, regular water intake is good for you.
A hot shower can also help your body “sweat out” the toxins and cannabinoids, as well as similar alternatives like a sauna or even just a relaxing bath. Cold showers can increase the heart rate to improve circulation in the body. Either way, in addition to drinking plenty of water, a shower can offer a whole host of benefits.
BEST NOT TO MIX ALCOHOL WITH CBD
- Alcohol can have many different effects on people, from causing intoxication to giving you a buzz and making you more laid back. But alcohol also has many toxins that one does not want to consume, especially when using CBD oil. There’s no real evidence that Alcohol will remove CBD from your body quickly. Instead, you’ll just be adding a hangover on top of any existing sensations – not ideal.
How Long Will CBD Stay in My Body?
- A lot of factors affect your body’s uptake of CBD: whether it is a tincture, gummy, or vape, how frequently you use CBD, how strong the gummies are, and your body composition all play a role and make it hard to predict how quickly CBD will kick in or how long it will stay in your body.
- While the effects of CBD can last over 24hrs, it can stay over 3 weeks in your system. The best advice is to just not take CBD for a long time, and lower your concentration from what you might usually take.
- These methods are not the only way to remove CBD from your system, but these are the most common and quickest ways that you can use. If you consider yourself a fairly healthy person, then your body will eventually filter through all the CBD in it’s system over time.
- If you have any questions or if you want to know How long do the effects of CBD last in your system more specifically, speak with your doctor.
All-Natural CBD Oil for sale
We highly recommend trying out the Sun State Hemp product line. Simply put, our products are of the best quality, and are always made to the strictest standards. We pride ourselves on the satisfaction of our customers. Take a look at some of the amazing 5-star reviews that have been given to us by our passionate customers.
Things are only getting started in the CBD industry. For too long, hemp has been unfairly shunned around the globe. With renewed focus and changing attitudes, Cannabidiol has become one of the most up-and-coming industries in the health and wellness space. CBD has been used to create a variety of products designed to look after your wellbeing. It’s popularity has seen it used in everything from tinctures, sodas, edible gummies, topical creams, and so much more.
What is the best way to ingest CBD?
There are a few ways to take CBD. The method you use can affect everything from the onset and duration of any effects, to how long it stays in your body.
Different forms of CBD include:
- oils and tinctures
- soft-gels capsules
- vape and pre-rolls
- creams and lotions